Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1/11 Adendum

Well, if you were worried, I can't blame you.  I made it back to the hotel, so all is well.  It was a crazy night.  There was the BG Plant Manager's party.  Who knew that would happen in Warren, MI.  Then there was Marie, the fine waitress who served me at Lime Light.  She does not own a computer but seems like a wonderful person.  I hope she has her techy friend log into my blog so she knows she was credited.  I told her to bring me what she would want if she was leaving the country for six months.  She brought me some smokin' hot wings and a white mediterrainian pizza.  It was all good.  There was a young beauty barely older than my daughter conducing a trivia contest.  I went ahead and played.  There was a table of 5 or 6 folks and I that tied for 2nd.  We did 2 tie breakers until I finally beat them.  It was good for $15 at the Lime Light in the next week.  They were obviously regulars, so I presented my card to their table and told them why.  It was fun.  You only get to be they guy headed to an exotic place most people could not even find on a map so many times in your life.  This was my time.  Tomorrow we fly... 

2 comments:

  1. Thinking that the BG Plant Manager's party refers to the group that is up there this week. Last FB posting I saw, you were in danger of missing your Frankfurt connection. Keep us posted. You are in our thoughts until we hear that you have arrived safely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your facebook post, oh no! I'm glad you had a great night! I was sad talking to you on the phone today. But I know you'll have fun. We're just going to miss you. I love you very much and I hope you have the safest trip possible! I'll try to text you even though I know you can't respond. Little "I love you"'s are nice. Even for a dignified world traveler like yourself. I miss you already, I hope we can Skype soon! I love you!
    P.S. Don't forget about your journal! <3

    ReplyDelete