Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Plan Comes Together

Follow-up:
  • The telex number came this morning.
  • Am Ex has advised that the visas will be completed tomorrow.
  • I was told to expect to receive my passport, visa included, on Friday.
  • My boss said to stick with Plan A and not worry about Canada.
My official travel plan is as follows:
(Times are local, CT in parentheses for reference)
Sun 9-Jan 13:37 - 16:22 (15:22CT)
Delta flight 4964 Nashville to Detroit

Wed 12-Jan 19:20 (18:20CT) - 13-Jan 09:30 (02:30CT)
Delta flight 142 Detroit to Frankfort
Thur 13-Jan 11:05 (04:05CT) - 21:10 (10:10CT)
Uzbekistan Air flight 232 Frankfort to Tashkent
15 hours and 50 minutes, including a 1 hour 35 minute layover, in Germany

We'll spend the night at a hotel in Tashkent then head to the plant, in Asaka, on Friday (14-Jan) morning.

Today I made some more headway on preparing to leave.  My family has nearly all of the meals between now and then decided.  They want to eat their favorite things, that I cook, one last time before summer.  I admit it, I am anxious.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the coordinates. I landed on the rooftop last night. You weren't there.

    Glad that you can post from email and phone. I will be standing by.

    I've heard that cooking is good for the soul. Can we come over?

    ReplyDelete